The University assigns an academic advisor to each student for assistance in matters that relate to academic progress, such as:
- Selecting the academic major that best suits the student's preferences and capabilities.
- Understanding and interpreting the academic regulations.
- Informing the student of the sequence of the required and elective courses and suggesting suitable elective courses.
- Following up on the academic progress of the student.
- Assisting in early registration and the various stages of registration.
- Assisting in course substitution if necessary.
- The academic advisor is chosen from the faculty members of the department or the college. The academic advisor for the UPP students is the director of the UPP or someone appointed by him/her or acting on his/her behalf.