Personal extensions are appropriate for students coping with end-of-semester illness or other personal circumstances beyond their control.
- In certain cases, the student may not wish this documentation to be placed in his or her student file. In this case, the student should confer confidentially with the relevant faculty member, and with the agreement of the dean of the college, such material can be excluded from the student’s file.
- The due date for completed work will be set at the time the extension is granted. For the fall and spring semesters it is expected that all written work and projects will be completed no later than four weeks from the last day of exams. Earlier deadlines may be set by the instructor. The Dean of the College and the student will agree on the specified deadline.
- An incomplete (I) grade will be given to the student if the instructor is unable to submit the final grade must be assigned before the final grade submission deadline.
- Documentation from a doctor, hospital or other appropriate institution is required in order to consider an extension. All documentation will be placed in the student’s permanent academic record and must be submitted to the college for approval. This verification is required to document circumstances that have had an impact on a student’s ability to finish course work or finals.
- Students must submit all requests before the last day of classes.
- All incomplete grades must be cleared before the end of the following semester through Grade Change e-form, otherwise they will be converted to F.